December 2009 vacation

December 2009 vacation

About Me

I'm a widow and my prayer is to be able raise my 10 yr old daughter as God-fearing and with great love for herself and others. My goal is to help her discover her talents and guide her to gain her fullest potential. Currently, I'm the parent coordinator for San Francisco Christian School. I also teach Sunday School and feels blessed to be a part of our Worship Team. God has sustained me through all my struggles in life.

Early Feminist Movement

Early Feminist Movement
www.media.photobucket.com

Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela
inewscatcher.com

Thursday, June 10, 2010

World's Largest Pyramid Discovered, Lost Mayan City Of Mirador Guatemala...

This City of Mirador is often referred to as the "cradle of Mayan civilization." It is now facing threat from loggers and looters.

8 comments:

  1. That is so fascinating! I had not heard about the discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that this news first came out in October of 2009, so that makes it about just 8 months old. I bet this makes the archaeologists hopeful of finding more pyramids or other traces of past civilizations. Thanks, Mary for checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of information on your site...nice job and interesting selections you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fascinating photos. I luv the Axum tower and the Meroe pyramids in the sand. It's just a wonder how it doesn't get either blown away or covered with sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I also wanted to add that I'm making progress. I was finally able to comment on 2 of your oldest posts. I will continue to work on this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much,Ann. I actually just came from your site. I watched the Tanzania video and made a comment about it. I hope to be able to get to your other postings soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon, I wonder the same way about the Meroe pyramids.They are much smaller than the Egyptian pyramids and most are in a poor state because the tops had been cut off by a treasure hunter, yet, it stands still. They said it can get really windy in the area, but it still doesn't get covered by sand. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops! Shannon, I forgot to mention that I also was able to comment on your 2 oldest post. What a progress on my part!

    ReplyDelete