December 2009 vacation

December 2009 vacation

About Me

I'm a widow and my prayer is to be able raise my 10 yr old daughter as God-fearing and with great love for herself and others. My goal is to help her discover her talents and guide her to gain her fullest potential. Currently, I'm the parent coordinator for San Francisco Christian School. I also teach Sunday School and feels blessed to be a part of our Worship Team. God has sustained me through all my struggles in life.

Early Feminist Movement

Early Feminist Movement
www.media.photobucket.com

Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela
inewscatcher.com

Monday, July 19, 2010

Chapter 21 & 22 Communism

Communist ideals seem attractive at first glance, but a careful look at it reveals a contradictory practice of a communist government. For me, communism just makes all its citizens poor and only the very few in power decides where the wealth goes. I know that capitalism itself is not a perfect system, but when people diligently give out of love for God and their neighbor, it makes a tremendous impact. I would rather freely give and without regulation of how much I should give or to whom I would give it to, because that would reflect of who I am...my values and my character. I very much disagree in a government that forces its people to give all their earnings to support a theory that only benefits the few. There is that sense of fulfillment gained when someone gives out of a cheerful heart. On the contrary, when one is forced to give and is lacking the proper motivation, resentment develops and the delight in sharing is alienated. I mean, when someone got blessed with wealth, let's say through one's honest hard work or inheritance, that person should have the right to choose how the wealth should be redistributed. Good stewardship should come to play, but the decision regarding how the finances should be handled or which charities are deemed worthy of aid should be a private decision. Letting good people exercise their freedom to do good works is healthy and strengthens the society. Communism is not a generous act of reform to stop oppression, but is actually another form of suppression.

6 comments:

  1. I agree too. Communism is really attractive until you dig a little deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine being forced to give my money and land to a government I do not support. The restrictions that are imposed by Communism are unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Shannon. In the news, a few days ago, a Vietnamese anticommunist activist was arrested. He allegedly disguised himself as a female fan trying to hand a flower to a Vietnamese pop star in concert in Santa Clara. He then blasted the pop star with pepper spray. Later interviewed, the activist claims that he did that because the pop star is very active in their communist country portrayed as the idol of the younger generation. I was very surprised that the particular news coincided with our class topic.
    BTW, I finally was able to comment on your 3 oldest posts and still working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much appreciate that, Shaun. Referring to the news about the Vietnamese anticommunist activist here in the bay area, one can just imagine how much he despise that kind of governemnt that he seemed more than disgruntled about it. Not that his actions were right, but it makes me think that maybe, at some point, he (or someone he knows) was possibly tortured by the communist government. I mean, he brought his fight outside his country to bring attention here. It just shows that communism does not bring happiness to its people.
    Anyway, I am slowly making a progress. I was able to comment on your 2 postings (your oldest and 2nd to the latest). I hope to more later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way, Mary. Autonomy encourages moral independence, justice, and social justice. The joy of freedom inspires us to help others. Whenever we follow our moral duties, we get to reach out to everyone at the end of the social ladder. I understand that life is unfair, but it can and should be just. When love one another and look after each other's needs, then we can confidently say that communism is not the answer.
    So much for that. I was able to concentrate on your blog, and I'm very happy with my accomplishment. I started with your oldest postings and commented on 10 of them. If I still have time today, maybe I can finish your last 4.

    ReplyDelete